Advocate and Solicitor, Singapore
Solicitor, Rolls of Supreme Court UK
Dip in Theology
Glen has nearly 20 years of experience in the industry. He is qualified and admitted as an Advocate and Solicitor in Singapore.
Glen completed his LL.B (Hons) at King’s College London and trained in London as a barrister in two of London’s leading chambers.
Glen was also a trainee solicitor at magic circle international law firm, Herbert Smith.
Upon his return to Singapore, Glen commenced his practice at Freshfields Drew and Napier and thereafter practiced in a number of other law firms before joining the team at WMH Law Corporation.
Glen has extensive experience in both contentious and non-contentious work.
In terms of dispute resolution, Glen’s focus is in commercial disputes. Below are examples of the type of work which he has undertaken:
● Advising the minority owners in the en bloc sale of a strata title development including compliance with the Strata Titles Act;
● Acting for the owner in the collection of hire due under a Hire Purchase Agreement, including recovery cap under the HP Act;
● Acting for the tenant in a dispute involving claims for misrepresentations and collateral warranties, giving rise to issues under the common law and Misrepresentation Act;
● Acting for the buyer in a claim for breach of an international sale of goods contract, including defences of breach of warranty of quality of goods and delay in delivery;
● Acting for the borrower in defending (with counterclaim) an action brought by moneylenders in accordance with the Moneylenders Act;
● Acting for a law practice in the collection of a debt, including obtaining a Freezing Order;
● Advising a company in relation to a share buy-back proposal, including compliance with the Company’s Act;
● Acting for the creditors against a company, including obtaining a winding up Order;
● Acting for the seller in relation to a share sale and purchase agreement in respect of a private limited company.
● Acting for the seller in relation to a sale and purchase agreement relating to goods sold in Singapore.
● Acting for the investor in relation to the mis-selling of an investment under an agreement
In terms of corporate and banking non-contentious work, Glen was involved in the following matters:-
● Sale of interest in prime real estate situated in London held by a “shell” company, includes corporate real estate issues, and international advise to foreign vendor.
● Sale of a business, includes transfer of governmental business licenses and employment transfers.
● Acting for the purchaser in the acquisition of the whole stake in a private company, includes real estate issues based in Singapore, such as property tax and disclosure by letter and sale and purchase agreement drafting and negotiation.
● Acting for the offeree in a bid to purchase a company, under the Singapore Take Over Code, includes advise on conditions and timing of Voluntary Unconditional Takeover Offer.
● Acting for the issuer in the issue of shares on the Alternative Investment Market London, includes drafting and preparation of AIM prospectus, assisting international counsel in collating Singapore documentation and guidance on Singapore law to local issuer/client, executing share swap agreement with overseas holding company.
● Acting for the issuer in the issue of shares on Singapore Exchange, on two separate deals includes preparation of due diligence report for underwriter/sponsor.
Glen has earned the recognition of his peers as exemplified by the following awards bestowed on him:
● “Sustained Excellence in Commercial Dispute Resolution Team – Singapore 2015” awarded by Acquisition International.
● “Commercial Dispute Resolution Team of the year – Singapore 2014” awarded by Acquisition International
● “Best use of Information Technology Law Firm 2008 “ awarded by Asian Legal Business
● The Duty of Care in Strata Title Developments" 20 (2008) SacLJ 227.
● "Verification, Falsification and Rights" for the Law Gazette, Nov 2008.
Glen has undertaken pro bono work for the Law Society Pro Bono Services Office for nearly a decade, and assisted in the Singapore Management University’s, Pro Bono Clinic, in 2019 and 2020. He was also on the panel of assigned solicitors for the Legal Aid Bureau and for the Criminal Legal Aid Scheme.