Si Ting’s core practice areas include mergers and acquisitions (covering public and private transactions), joint ventures and general corporate and commercial transactions.
Prior to joining us, Si Ting trained and worked in the Corporate/M&A department of a Big Four law firm in Singapore with a Tier 1 ranking for corporate and M&A.
In her previous firm, Si Ting has been involved in many notable transactions, including:
- CB Medical Holdings Limited ("CBMHL"), an indirectly owned subsidiary of Beijing CITIC Investment Centre (Limited Partnership), in the amalgamation between CBMHL and Biosensors International Group, Ltd. valued at S$1.1 billion, this being the first take private of a company listed on the Singapore Exchange Securities Trading Limited through an amalgamation;
- Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. L.P., IBC Capital Limited in the acquisition of all the issued and paid-up ordinary shares in the capital of Goodpack Limited ("Goodpack"). The Goodpack deal was awarded the "M&A Deal of the Year" at the ALB SE Asia Law Awards 2015 and the "M&A Deal of the Year: Private Equity" at The Asian Lawyer Asia Legal Awards 2015. It was also one of the "Asian-Mena Counsel Deals of the Year 2014;
- Merit Stand Inc. ("Merit Stand"), in the voluntary conditional cash offer made by DBS Bank Ltd. for and on behalf of Merit Stand to acquire all the issued and paid-up ordinary shares in the share capital of XinRen Aluminum Holdings Limited, valued at approximately S$780 million;
- Lee Kim Tah Holdings Limited ("Lee Kim Tah"), in respect of a voluntary conditional cash offer made by Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation Limited for and on behalf of the founding family behind the company, for all the issued ordinary shares in the share capital of Lee Kim Tah, valued at approximately S$546 million;
- Acting for the purchaser in the acquisition of Hotel Grand Chancellor Pte. Ltd. from Hotel Grand Central Limited for approximately S$248 million;
- Acting for QuEST Global Services Pte. Ltd. ("QuEST Singapore") in relation to Warburg Pincus' investment exit via the sale by Warburg Pincus of its shares in QuEST Singapore to Bain Capital, LP. and GIC Private Limited (following a competitive auction process) for approximately US$325 million, valuing QuEST Singapore at US$1.5 billion; and
- Acting as Singapore counsel to Rakan Riang Pte. Ltd., a joint venture between a Khazanah unit and Boustead Singapore Limited, in its development of educational and entertainment facilities at Sentosa, Singapore, under the "KidZania" brand.
Si Ting graduated from the National University of Singapore and is admitted to the Singapore Bar.